Saturday 19 January 2008

Some Recent E-Mails...

Collin:

I like this, it's cool. Good to find out back history and you tell it well. Any chance of more up to date stuff, too? After all, if you like the 1980's, Viv Hope (Deena Payne) wears really '80's clothes!! Or she did last time I watched. I followed Emmerdale up to 2006 and I'd love to see you give it the same treatment you have the 80's.

Sorry, Collin, writing a general blog on Emmerdale is something I can't get my head round, and as the '80s were my favourite era, I'll stick with them. Thanks for the kind words.

Sandra:

I do remember some of the things you write about. Especially Alan and Caroline in their office and Seth marching in and out, sciving off work! The Emmerdale memories you feature remind me of My Little Pony, Rubik's Cube and the ZX Spectrum! And wearing really garish clothes with shoulder pads and things. I was at school. And guess what? THEY ARE the happiest days of your life! Keep up the good work!

I'm glad you like it. As for garish '80s gear, I dabbled in the New Romantic scene, then was a Miami Vice clone for several years mid-way through the decade...

Let's face it, there's fun fashion, then there's plain embarrassing fashion! Still, it gives me a laugh when I look back at it all!

No comments: