Saturday 28 November 2009

E-Mails... Thanks For The Memory, And More About Kim Tate...

Justin writes:

What a memory you have! The whole history of Emmerdale crammed into your little grey cells!

Actually, Justin, my power of recall is lousy! My absolute favourite era of Emmerdale Farm was from 1980-1987, and although I enjoyed 1972-1979 and 1988-1990, I couldn't tell you much about what happened. And I have no interest in telly soaps of the 1990s or today. My ultra-reliable knowledge of the 1980s episodes of Emmerdale Farm/Emmerdale is simply down to the fact that I have most of them on DVD, taped from the satellite repeats years ago!

Christine says:

I'm so glad Kim Tate won your poll - definitely one of the most important Emmerdale character introductions of all time. I'm enjoying these "visits" to 1989, but what is coming across so far is that life was a lot slower in Emmerdale (or rather Beckindale) then. I'd forgotten how wordy it all was. Lovely to relive the memories.

Thanks, Christine. More to come. Next up is the final breakdown of the marriage of Matt and Dolly Skilbeck...

No comments: