Friday 23 April 2010

Happy St George's Day!

Way back in the 1980s, Amos Brearly complimented Mr Wilks - telling him that he was English and Yorkshire - in Amos' estimation, two very wonderful things to be!

Amos, being the same, regarded himself as being pretty wonderful too, of course!

With the resurgence of interest in St George's Day in recent years, The Beckindale Bugle would like to wish all citizens of England celebrating the national day a very happy day indeed!

We're working, but we'll be having a pint later!

8 comments:

Cerys said...

I'm Welsh myself... but happy St George's Day anyway! And thanks for a great blog - it's one of my favourite Emmerdale online rsources!

xxxxxxx

Drew said...

Cheers, Cerys. I only wish I didn't have to go to work! :(

Maria said...

Happy St George's Day to Woolpack Walter and the Beckindale Buglers!

Drew said...

The sun is shining... and I'm just off to work... sob... sniff...

Anonymous said...

Hope you managed to salvage something of the day and celebrated. Do you English really drink warm beer?

Drew said...

Well, I don't personally - and I don't actually know anybody else who favours it! :)

Thanks for your greeting.

Tim said...

I had a great day - took annual leave. It should be a bank holiday!

Drew said...

Agreed!